Monday, November 8, 2010

Shepard's Pie

Shepard's Pie

I was looking for a hearty way to get some veggies into the supper.  I thought about it and decided to make Shepard's Pie.  Using a simple recipe, I browned a pound of ground beef with some garlic.  I boiled about 6 potatoes until they were soft.  I intentionally left the skins on the potatoes to give them a more rustic feel.  When cooked, I used a mixer along with some butter, milk and a few chives to make the mashed potatoes. 

Placing the ground beef into the bottom of a large casserole dish, I added a 1 pound bag of mixed frozen veggies on top of the beef.  Liberally adding some black pepper and a touch of salt I then placed the mashed potatoes on top.  Covering the dish, I placed the dish into a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. 

Consider using a steak sauce as your condiment on the plate and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment