Monday, December 28, 2009

Baked Ham

I made this ham for our Christmas Day Buffet. It was very tender and literally falling off the bone when we served it.

I used an injection marinade made from apple juice, garlic powder, ground black pepper and ground red pepper.

When placing the ham into the roaster bone down, I poured 2 cups of apple juice into the bottom of the roaster. I then sliced about 1/4 inch deep into the back of the ham into squares about 1 1/2 inch wide.

Next I poured a Sweet Apple Honey Mustard Dressing onto the ham for my glaze. I placed the ham into a preheated 350 degree oven and baked until the covered ham in to bake. I basted it once and continued to cook it until it reached an internal temperature of 180 degrees.

Let it rest before carving and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment